What are the 2018 Toyota Tacoma Engine Options?
If you’re looking to upgrade the power and performance of your truck, the 2018 Toyota Tacoma is a great choice, but which engine option is right for you? That all depends on how you plan to use your Tacoma and which numbers matter most.
Two Powerful Engine Choices
- 2.7L Engine: The base engine is a DOHC 16-valve 4-cylinder engine with VVT-i that generates 159 hp and 180 lb-ft of torque. This low-emissions vehicle is typically paired with the 6-speed electronically controlled automatic transmission with intelligence to deliver up to 20 mpg/city and 23 mpg/highway.
- 3.5L Engine: Drivers can also choose the 3.5L V6 DOHC 24-valve direct injection Atkinson cycle engine with variable valve timing that delivers 278 hp and 265 lb-ft of torque. This engine is also paired with the 6-speed electronically controlled automatic transmission as standard, but you can opt for the 6-speed manual transmission in the TRD grouping for more driver control in off-road situations.
Other Performance Features
In addition to standard Toyota Safety SenseTM (TSS) features, the new Toyota Tacoma also offers drivers access to advanced performance features that allow them to customize vehicle handling on and off the road:
- Rear-Wheel Drive: Standard rear-wheel drive with automatic limited-slip differential provides enviable for performance and impressive fuel economy.
- 4WDemand: Off-road enthusiasts will appreciate the part-time 4-wheel drive with electronically controlled transfer case and automatic limited-slip differential for exacting control on uneven terrain.
- TRD Suspension: The available sport-tuned and off-road suspensions offered with the TRD line give drivers more power to conquer the road less taken.
- CRAWL: Tacoma’s Multi-Terrain Select and Crawl Control features allows drivers to modify the way the vehicle handles depending upon the terrain it encounters.
Test Drive a 2018 Toyota Tacoma Today
More from Toyota of North Miami
The best compact SUVs can do it all, and the 2019 Toyota RAV4 interior does not disappoint. Whether you’re a suburban driver who needs a capable family hauler or a city dweller who enjoys all-wheel drive adventures on the weekend, you’ll find plenty to get excited about when you take a look inside. There’s no…
The 2020 Toyota Corolla has arrived at Toyota of North Miami, and this redesigned model is offered in a range of trim levels. The Toyota Corolla price starts at $19,500 MSRP, and there’s a well-equipped Corolla available for drivers with a variety of needs. On top of that, all models feature a refined interior. Explore the seven 2020 Toyota…
Drivers near North Miami love the 2019 Toyota RAV4 colors, and it’s not hard to see why. This compact SUV has always offered a great selection of standard features, superior performance specs, and a spacious cabin. This year, it’s more striking and distinguished than ever before. Take a closer look at the Toyota RAV4 color options…