What are the 2018 Toyota Tacoma Engine Options?
If you’re looking to upgrade the power and performance of your truck, the 2018 Toyota Tacoma is a great choice, but which engine option is right for you? That all depends on how you plan to use your Tacoma and which numbers matter most.
Two Powerful Engine Choices
- 2.7L Engine: The base engine is a DOHC 16-valve 4-cylinder engine with VVT-i that generates 159 hp and 180 lb-ft of torque. This low-emissions vehicle is typically paired with the 6-speed electronically controlled automatic transmission with intelligence to deliver up to 20 mpg/city and 23 mpg/highway.
- 3.5L Engine: Drivers can also choose the 3.5L V6 DOHC 24-valve direct injection Atkinson cycle engine with variable valve timing that delivers 278 hp and 265 lb-ft of torque. This engine is also paired with the 6-speed electronically controlled automatic transmission as standard, but you can opt for the 6-speed manual transmission in the TRD grouping for more driver control in off-road situations.
Other Performance Features
In addition to standard Toyota Safety SenseTM (TSS) features, the new Toyota Tacoma also offers drivers access to advanced performance features that allow them to customize vehicle handling on and off the road:
- Rear-Wheel Drive: Standard rear-wheel drive with automatic limited-slip differential provides enviable for performance and impressive fuel economy.
- 4WDemand: Off-road enthusiasts will appreciate the part-time 4-wheel drive with electronically controlled transfer case and automatic limited-slip differential for exacting control on uneven terrain.
- TRD Suspension: The available sport-tuned and off-road suspensions offered with the TRD line give drivers more power to conquer the road less taken.
- CRAWL: Tacoma’s Multi-Terrain Select and Crawl Control features allows drivers to modify the way the vehicle handles depending upon the terrain it encounters.
Test Drive a 2018 Toyota Tacoma Today
More from Toyota of North Miami
If you’re looking for 2020 Toyota Tacoma accessories and parts, the parts department Toyota of North Miami should be your first stop. We carry a wide range of high-quality, genuine OEM auto parts that will fit your Tacoma pickup truck. They range from exterior steps to towing accessories. Find out more at Toyota of North Miami, serving North Miami and beyond. Parts…
Toyota is known as one of the most dependable automotive brands, with each vehicle built using genuine OEM parts, so North Miami Beach drivers know their vehicles are built to last. The 2019 Toyota Highlander can handle everything from weekend sporting events, to carpooling, to cross-country road trips. Even though it’s considered one of the most reliable SUVs on…
The 2019 Toyota RAV4 configurations are priced between $25,650 MSRP* and $33,650 MSRP*. No matter what budget you’re working with, you will be able to find a Toyota RAV4 trim level equipped with the features you need at a price that works for you. What’s more, when you drive with Toyota, you know you’re making…