What are the 2018 Toyota Tacoma Engine Options?
If you’re looking to upgrade the power and performance of your truck, the 2018 Toyota Tacoma is a great choice, but which engine option is right for you? That all depends on how you plan to use your Tacoma and which numbers matter most.
Two Powerful Engine Choices
- 2.7L Engine: The base engine is a DOHC 16-valve 4-cylinder engine with VVT-i that generates 159 hp and 180 lb-ft of torque. This low-emissions vehicle is typically paired with the 6-speed electronically controlled automatic transmission with intelligence to deliver up to 20 mpg/city and 23 mpg/highway.
- 3.5L Engine: Drivers can also choose the 3.5L V6 DOHC 24-valve direct injection Atkinson cycle engine with variable valve timing that delivers 278 hp and 265 lb-ft of torque. This engine is also paired with the 6-speed electronically controlled automatic transmission as standard, but you can opt for the 6-speed manual transmission in the TRD grouping for more driver control in off-road situations.
Other Performance Features
In addition to standard Toyota Safety SenseTM (TSS) features, the new Toyota Tacoma also offers drivers access to advanced performance features that allow them to customize vehicle handling on and off the road:
- Rear-Wheel Drive: Standard rear-wheel drive with automatic limited-slip differential provides enviable for performance and impressive fuel economy.
- 4WDemand: Off-road enthusiasts will appreciate the part-time 4-wheel drive with electronically controlled transfer case and automatic limited-slip differential for exacting control on uneven terrain.
- TRD Suspension: The available sport-tuned and off-road suspensions offered with the TRD line give drivers more power to conquer the road less taken.
- CRAWL: Tacoma’s Multi-Terrain Select and Crawl Control features allows drivers to modify the way the vehicle handles depending upon the terrain it encounters.
Test Drive a 2018 Toyota Tacoma Today
More from Toyota of North Miami
Now that the 2020 Toyota Tacoma is available at our dealership near Miami Gardens, many car buyers want to know all about the 2020 model release of Toyota’s top-rated pickup truck. The new Toyota Tacoma offers six trim levels at different starting prices and standard features, which means finding the pickup truck that can handle your…
Miami Gardens-area car shoppers looking for a new compact SUV have more than likely looked up “what is the price of a Toyota RAV4?” on the internet. This capable, family-friendly SUV earned its reputation among industry experts and consumers alike in the North Miami and Sunny Isles Beach areas, and it’s not difficult to see why. Visit Toyota of North Miami and…
If you’re in the market for a new car and are wondering, “What is the MPG of a Toyota Corolla?” Toyota of North Miami is here to help. The 2020 Toyota Corolla can achieve a remarkable 53 mpg in the city and 52 mpg on the highway with the Hybrid LE trim level. Learn more about the new Toyota…